Why You Need to be on Google Maps
Now more than ever customers are going to businesses based off of their geographic location. How many of your current customers have used Google Maps to find and get directions to your business? How many potential customers have you lost because of it being difficult to find your business’ address? Google Maps will help your customers get to your address.
Directions for Getting Your Business on Google Maps
- Create a Google Plus profile here: https://plus.google.com/
- Completely fill out your business’ profile (This includes the physical address, hours of operation and phone number).
- This is the most important step. Click “verify your business” with Google. You will then be given two choices:
- Verify business by phone call
- This is the fastest method to confirm your business and get it on Google Maps. Selecting the option will have Google call your business’ land line and give you a short pin number. After you get the pin number, simply enter it and you will be verified.
- Tip: Don’t choose this method if you have an automated phone system or use a mobile phone as your business’ main telephone number.
- Verify business by postcard
- This way of verifying your business will take longer. We tell our clients to expect a 14-21 day wait. Google will send a basic postcard to your business’ physical address. Once you receive the card, go to the URL on the card and enter your pin number (the pin number will be on the back of the postcard)
- Tip: Make sure whoever is in charge of getting the mail at your business knows what to look for. Often times, the postcard can get overlooked and thrown away. This is what the postcard will look like:
Congratulations! Your business is now on Google Maps!
If you’re having trouble getting your business on Google Maps, please give us a call. We verify clients with Google very frequently and would love to work with your business. You can call us at (214) 414-3035 or hit us up on Facebook or Twitter.