As Benjamin Franklin once said, “lost time is never found again.” This is as true for marketing as it is for life in general. In order to save time, many marketers are turning to If This Then That, a great website that uses online “triggers” to automatically create another action. To help you get started, see our list of the top five IFTTT recipes for modern marketers:
- 10 Things to Know delivered to your Mailbox – Marketers these days are expected to keep up with the latest news. Not only because most of us live for it, but we need to stay on our toes to keep our clients in the conversation.
- Auto tweet Wordpress blogs when published – This specific recipe adds the individual blog title in the tweet, so it won’t be too robotic. You can even use this to test Twitter messaging. Simply tweet the same blog at a different time and with different text to see which resulted in more engagement.
- Update Twitter photo based on Facebook profile photo change – You’ll never have to worry about a client’s outdated branding with this recipe! As you change out the Facebook profile photo, the Twitter account automatically updates. Never worry about that checklist item again!
- Post Instagram photos as native Twitter photos – Oh the days of flawless Instagram and Twitter integration! Once Facebook bought the photo-sharing site, Twitter retaliated and made Instagram photo links, instead of native photos you can easily view. Now you can fight back with each Instagram photo being shared just like in the good old days- as a native Twitter photo!
- Links posted on Facebook business page, post to LinkedIn company page – LinkedIn is a great resource, but for some it can be cumbersome to keep updated. To keep followers on each platform updated and engaged, use this recipe!
The sound of the word “shortcut” shouldn’t make you shutter. To keep up with this fast paced world, you have to use your time wisely. Why not utilize technology? Our list of top IFTTT recipes for modern marketers will keep you organized and informed, as well as help you constantly test which content is the most engaging! We like to call this a “technology win.” How do you use If This Then That? Tell us on Facebook!