As graduation was approaching, finding a job seemed to be all my brain could live on. My ears were tuned to the words “opportunity,” “internship,” “ job offer,” and anything related to employment. You find yourself caught between fear and well, more fear as many questions start forming, carving the next stage of your life. My advice: don’t worry, but don’t be lazy either! You have to be a hustler and knock every door even if the lights seem to be turned off inside the house. After a couple of weeks of interviews and searching for the place I could call my professional home, I finally found the right fit at Agency Entourage. This is not only a welcoming place to work, but also a place filled with kind people coming from many different backgrounds that will also be ready to help you with anything you need.
Now a little bit about me…
I was born in Caracas, Venezuela and I moved to the Dallas area almost 14 years ago, so you can almost say that I am half Texan. Recently I graduated from SMU with a B.A. in Advertising and a B.A. in Foreign Languages. Aside from working in the ad industry, my passion is to travel. Some of my adventures have been in Europe and the Americas, but I am planning on having many more. Finally, I found my way into the digital advertising world after interning at Canonball Creative Inc. and working as a social media coordinator at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas.
- I speak almost 5 languages, but I have to say advertising is the most challenging language of all.
- Half of my family is from the island of Madeira, but I also have family from Holland, Spain, Italy and of course the U.S.
- My favorite person in the world is my 9-year-old brother
- My favorite social media platform is Instagram – Follow me @andrisabavi
- I am a wannabe foodie in Dallas
- On the weekends you can always find me at a concert venue or theater if there’s a good show in town
I am thankful to everyone for making this an incredible experience so far and giving me the opportunity to bring in my perspective to the agency!