Sometimes it feels as if there is just not enough time in the day. It’s hard to make blogging a priority when you have so many other things to do. Instead of putting your blog on the back burner, try following these tips so you don’t have to sacrifice your spare time:
1. Start an editorial calendar. It’s an efficient way to organize your time and plan the topics you want to cover. Also, be sure to post on a consistent basis. New posts with fresh content will improve your page ranking on Google. Therefore, more people will find your blog and learn about you.
2. Have a guest blogger. This isn’t necessarily a way to get someone else to do your work. It’s mutually beneficial because the guest blogger receives a new audience (as do you) and you receive a different voice and new material.
3. Focus on keywords. Stumped and don’t know what to write? Fashion a post around the keywords you want to use – maybe it’s the service you offer or the area you’re located at. This will give you a topic to write about that is SEO specific and will result in improved exposure on search engines.
4. Create a series. Pick a specific topic and break it up into a series of posts. Leave the post “to be continued” or with additional information to follow in the future. This is a great way to entice your readers and have them coming back for more.
5. Keep it short and sweet. People prize their time and want to get the information they need as quickly as possible so keep your posts under 500 words. Also, deliver your message in an entertaining way by adding wit, humor and imagery. Give your blog a personality that your audience will relate to and find interesting.
6. Stay up to date. Current news and trends are always good topics. Write about things that are happening in the world that are relevant and relatable to your business.
7. Practice your speed writing with live blogging. This also a great way to learn how to write on the fly. Check out yesterday’s live Oscars blog by CNN to see how they did it and read our blog post about live blogging to get ideas for your own.
These are just a few ways to save time and produce a better blog post. Let us know if you have any time saving tips by leaving a comment below.