The Shops at Dos Lagos shopping center in Corona, California wanted to engage their Twitter community by creating an interactive experience around an on-site event. Dos Lagos wanted to also be the first to leverage their Twitter following to build an online buzz during a food truck festival at the center. To do so, we launched a live tweeting experience anchored by the Twitter hashtag, #CoronaFoodTrucks.
- Increase Twitter following by 3%
- Leverage event attendees to promote event by tweeting their experience
- Reach 10,000 Twitter users through Retweets
Prior to the event we drafted tweets that would drive conversation and build buzz for attendees and those following tweets remotely.
- Created an easy to use hashtag to help track live tweeting conversations (#CoronaFoodTrucks)
- Prior to the event, encouraged Facebook and Twitter communities to use the hashtag during the event to follow the conversation
- Used hashtag to monitor positive and negative sentiment
- Tweeted once every 15 minutes during the event
- Responded to inquiries from attendees in real-time
- Used tweets to encourage attendees to try different trucks
The hashtag quickly caught on and was used prior to and during the event. We were able to track social chatter, including people that were making plans and inviting friends to attend.
- Event attendance of 5,000+
- Retweeted 46 times during the course of the event
- Retweet Reach of 61,000+ Twitter users during the event
- Increased Twitter followership by 6%