Arlington Highlands, a mixed-use retail shopping center in Arlington, Texas, wanted an alternative way to encourage shoppers to donate to the annual DFW Toys for Tots toy drive. To do this, we launched an Instagram campaign and created “Give-a-Gram” weather-resistant displays. For every Instagram upload with the designated hashtag, #AHGive, the center would donate $1 to the DFW chapter of Toys for Tots!
- Make holiday donating a no-hassle process.
- Create a physical world/digital experience for shoppers.
- Launch the shopping center’s Instagram.
- Strategically placed six Give-a-Gram mats in high foot traffic areas throughout the shopping center.
- Created a short hashtag, #AHgive, that users needed to tag their Instagram photos and make the donation.
- Created an easy to follow, three-step instruction process printed on the mat that even novice Instagram users could follow.
- Promoted Give-a-Grams on all social media platforms, email distribution list and the shopping center’s blog.
The response could not have been better! Users enjoyed helping because of Instagram’s popularity and the ease of the donation process. Uploaded photos were a variety of the mat itself, the Christmas tree, Marines at the Toys for Tots drive, items they bought at the center and more.
- Photos uploaded to Instagram totaled 307 from December 1 – 19.
- #AHgive Instagram photos received more than 6000 likes.
- On Twitter, #AHgive was mentioned 144 times.