Ready or not, here it comes! Facebook Timeline pages will be here for everyone beginning March 30. Say goodbye to the days of your apps living on the left side of your profile and hello to their new home directly under your new cover photo. Although you can no longer create default landings for your apps, the new placement gives them prime real estate on your page making them hard to miss. As an added bonus, brands can now customize the image that invites a fan to engage with their custom apps.
Under your new cover photo appears four boxes designated for your apps. The first box that is furthest to the left is for photos. This box is the only one that’s position is permanent and can not be moved. The following three boxes to the right of photos however can be rearranged to your preference. Any app that you have created can be customized. Apps that were created by Facebook can not have their images altered, but can be moved.
Take these steps to customize your app images on your Facebook Page Timeline:
- If you haven’t already, be sure to enable the preview of Timeline on your Facebook page by clicking “preview” at the top of your page.
- Click the arrow on the right hand side of the current apps underneath your page name and cover photo. This will reveal all of your current apps.
- Select the app you would like to customize and mouse over the upper right hand corner to reveal the edit pencil. Click the pencil to reveal a drop down menu.
- At the bottom of the drop down menu click “edit settings.”
- Name your app whatever you’d like and select change.
- Next, upload your new custom image. Select “Browse” and choose an image from your computer. An image that is rectangular in shape will work best. The ideal size for this image that Facebook recommends is 111 px wide by 74 px high. If your image is larger than that, it will be automatically resized.