“It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and only a few seconds to destroy one.” —Unknown
This is a powerful statement and every public relations professional can fully understand the importance of this quote. For those of you who don’t have an expertise in PR, you may struggle with keeping your company’s reputation on the path to success. We always suggest staying up to date to with expert PR advice and trends by subscribing to some of our favorite PR blogs below:
1. Edelman 6 A.M.: This blog is written by the PR guru himself, Richard Edelman, the founder of the reputable international PR agency called Edelman. This blog highlights communication trends and insights.
2. PR Daily: This is an essential weekly read for us PR pros! PR Daily includes social media news and tips for media relations, crisis communication, writing and more. It even provides a few laughs for those of us in the industry!
3. Spin Sucks: We’ve all heard it. When you meet new people and state your profession, you are suddenly framed as a professional spinner. Or, they say we just lie to make people or companies to look good. This is far from the truth. Everything we’ve been taught is to never lie and never hide anything. Spin Sucks works hard to debunk this myth by providing expertise for social media, SEO, advertising and more.
4. The Bad Pitch Blog: Every blog tells you how to succeed in your job. This blog, reminds us what we should not be doing in our careers.
5. Speaking of pitches, check out “99 Problems But a Pitch Aint One” for your individual entertainment purpose. Even if the PR industry isn’t your immediate industry, anyone who has a client can relate and enjoy a good laugh after a stressful day.
Here are some other great blogs to check out:
Are you looking for an agency to help build your online reputation? Give Agency Entourage a call at 214-414-3035 and we’d be glad to help.