Are you going to SXSW for the first time this year? You’re definitely not alone. It’ll be my first trek down there as well. I may not know everything about “South By,” but I’ve spent enough time around Ben Randolph to have a pretty good idea of what to expect.
Without further ado, here’s the top five things to know and do before going to SXSW from a first timer’s prospective:
- Create your schedule. You can do that here.
- While creating your schedule, you’ll learn it’s impossible to go to every session, panel and workshop that you want to attend. Figure out which ones are more important and plan accordingly.
- Fully charge your devices and have a charger handy. (I’m actually in the market for a portable charging station).
- Don’t wear the shoes that hurt to wear but look cool. You’ll hate yourself.
- Sign up for Social.SXSW and download the SXSW app to connect with your friends.
Want to meet up at SXSW? We’ll be there for the entire Interactive portion. Give us a shout on Twitter, Facebook or Social.SXSW and we’ll get together in Austin!
You can see my personal schedule here: Michael Haake’s SXSW Schedule