Tapping into the power of social media marketing and utilizing the appropriate social media platforms is crucial for today’s business leaders. With more than three billion people around the world using social media every month, it’s no passing trend. Social media platforms help you connect with your customers, increase awareness about your brand and boost your leads and sales. With multiple social media platforms available, you want to make sure your business has a social media marketing strategy in place to achieve your desired result.
How Your Online Presence Plays Into Social Media Marketing Strategy
Once you build out your social media marketing strategy, you should not put all your eggs in one basket. There are lots of platforms to choose from, but they are different in their own way. Each social media network has its own strengths and features that can be useful to your business when used correctly. That’s why it’s recommended for you to have an active presence on more than one platform. So with all that being said, how can you effectively choose which social media platform is best for your business?
Agency Entourage is here to break it down for you:
- Identify the most popular social media platforms for your audience; this will help you maximize your reach. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest are some of the most popular, but there are also niche platforms like Tiktok, Snapchat and NextDoor which might be the key to reaching your target audience depending on your business model.
- Research each social media platform and find the best ones that fit the personality of your brand and audience. Good questions to ask yourself while researching are:
- Is my company B2B or a B2C?
- Who is my ideal customer or target audience?
- What is the ultimate goal in regards to social media marketing?
- Whichever platform you choose, you should also have reporting set up in order to measure the success of your social media efforts and to be able to track what is working for your business and what is not. New to reporting? Here is a quick guide to understanding data analytics from Google and Facebook.
A Brief Look into the Top Social Media Platforms
Now that you have a better understanding about why your brand should be active on social media, as well as what questions you should ask yourself when choosing a channel, let’s break down which types of content perform best on each platform:
- Facebook – This is a great starting point and tool for just about any business. All content works great on this platform from text, images, stories, and live videos. Since users are still using this platform for personal updates heavily, a Facebook page is a great opportunity to engage with this audience.
- Instagram – This is an excellent way for brands to show their products, value, and voice. Instagram is great if you have a younger audience who typically shops from mobile. It’s also important to consider your photography assets as Instagram is a very visual platform that relies on imagery. According to Instagram, 75% of users take action after being inspired by a post.
- Twitter – Twitter is a powerful tool for building brand awareness and connecting directly with your customers. Twitter actually has a special customer service feature that allows you to quickly respond to your customers’ needs. This helps you manage your brand’s online reputation, engage with your community, develop good relationships, and encourage customer loyalty.
- LinkedIn – This platform is great for promoting business-related content that attracts new talent and prospective clients to your company. This platform is tailored to individual users and expanding your professional network. It’s also the most lucrative social platform out there, with LinkedIn’s audience having 2x the buying power of the average web audience.
- YouTube – Create video tutorials to help back up your text-based content and, most importantly, make sure you are optimizing your videos for YouTube SEO. This is a great platform to get more conversions and traffic to your site.
- Pinterest – Businesses that thrive on Pinterest include home decor, cooking, photography, and travel because the content is visually appealing and images are easily shared. This is often a less expensive advertising method with a high conversion rate.
The power and importance of social media in today’s world is apparent, but it’s sometimes overwhelming deciding how to begin. Agency Entourage can step in, help your business out and get you on the right track to have the best overall results with your social media marketing strategy. Partner with us today to help improve your strategy with data-driven points and years of experience under our belt.
Photo Sourced from Getty Images: 1169668341